Interested in holding a group event or fundraiser on the trail this year? You will need to fill out our Temporary Permit Application, and return it to the trail office.
A Temporary Use Permit is required for any organized activities utilizing the Paint Creek Trail including, but not limited to:
- Fun Runs
- Cycling competitions
- Running competitions
- Organized training
- Commercial Use of Trail
- Ongoing recreation classes or programs utilizing the Paint Creek Trail
- Any event that advertises use of the Paint Creek Trail
- Any event that requires vehicle access on the Paint Creek Trail
- Any event where participation is controlled by donations or fees
- Any activity that is beyond the scope of normal trail use
You can download the application and instructions here: Temporary Use Permit Guidelines and Application
If your event includes utilizing any part of the Rochester Municipal Park ,including the Kiwanis Pavilion, you must fill out the City of Rochester’s Special Event Application.City of Rochester’s Special Event Application.
Approved Events in 2022:
- Monday, May 30, 2022 – Orion Veterans Memorial Run/Walk – A family-friendly 5K Run/Walk event that starts in Downtown Lake Orion and takes you on the beautiful Paint Creek Trail. Virtual options are also available. For more information visit, oriontownship.org.
Approved Events in 2021:
- Monday, May 31, 2021 – Orion Veterans Memorial Run/Walk- A family-friendly 5K Run/Walk event that starts in Downtown Lake Orion and takes you on the beautiful Paint Creek Trail. New for 2021 is the 5-Mile distance which will take you along the new section of path on Clarkston Road, including the Van Tassel Pedestrian Bridge.Virtual options are also available. For more information visit, oriontownship.org.
- Saturday, June 5, 2021 – Leader Dogs for the Blind Bark and Brew 5k – In-person racers will enjoy a beautiful 5K route starting at Rochester Municipal Park and winding through the Paint Creek Trail. Race participants will receive a swag bag with a Bark & Brew 5K t-shirt, Bark & Brew 5K medal, Leader Dog face mask, a beverage coupon for Griffin Claw Brewing Company. For information: leaderdog.org/bark-and-brew/
- Sunday, June 27, 2021 and Sunday, July 11, 2021 – Run Michigan Cheap – 5k, 10k and half-marathon running events. For more information visit: RunMichiganCheap.com
- Saturday, September 18, 2021 – Rochester Community Schools Foundation Hometown Hustle 5k – In person or virtual participation. The Rochester Community Schools Foundation Hometown Hustle, a fun run/walk, presented by Chief Financial Credit Union, is a treasured tradition and the principal fundraiser for the RCS Foundation that brings more than 1,300 participants annually and onlookers together to celebrate fitness and family time while donating to a great cause, the educational experience of RCS students! More info at: rcs-foundation.org/hometown-hustle/
- Sunday, September 26, 2021 – Brooksie Way 5k, 10k and Half Marathon – The McLaren Brooksie Way Half Marathon is one of Oakland County’s premier quality of life events. County Executive L. Brooks Patterson began the Brooksie Way races to promote Oakland County and encourage people to become more physically active. Race proceeds support programs that encourage healthy and active lifestyle and are distributed through Brooksie Way Minigrants. Since 2009, Brooksie Way Minigrants have put approximately $300,000 back into Oakland County communities, touching thousands of lives along the way. Visit: thebrooksieway.com/
- Saturday, November 13, 2021 – 1st Annual National Pancreas Foundation 5k Walk – A 5k walk to show support and raise awareness for the Michigan chapter of the National Pancreas Foundation. For more information visit: pancreasfoundation.org/state-chapters/michigan/
Approved Events in 2020:
- Sunday, April 26, 2020 – Run Michigan Cheap – CANCELLED – 5k, 10k and half-marathon running events. Visit RunMichiganCheap.com for more information.
- Saturday, May 9, 2020 – Rochester Community Schools Foundation – Hometown Hustle- POSTPONED –The Rochester Community Schools Foundation is sponsoring its 15th Annual Hometown Hustle 5K Fun Run/Walk on Saturday, May 9, 2020 to support academics, arts and athletic programs in Rochester Community Schools. Don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy the signs and variety of settings that make Rochester such a great place to live, work, and play. Gather your family and friends and come out for a morning of good fun and healthy activity, in support of the students in Rochester Community Schools! More information at rcs-foundation.org/events/hometown-hustle/
- Monday, May 25, 2020 – Orion Veterans Memorial 5k- VIRTUAL –Come join us on Memorial Day (May 25th) for the 4th Annual 5k Run/Walk (with a Patriotic twist!). For more information, see Facebook: Orion Veterans Memorial. www.facebook.com/events/604514793456762/
- Saturday, June 27, 2020 – RARA Earth Day 5k Fun Run Race- CANCELLED -Celebrate Earth Day at the 14th Annual MI EarthdayFest April 24- 26, 2020. The 5K is a scenic loop route through municipal park and the neighboring subdivision. All ages are welcome and the route is friendly for pets and strollers. The race will be chip timed and have awards for each age division along with raffle give-a-ways from our sponsors. Participation awards include, race tech shirts, medallions, and a plant for you to take home from the race. More info at rararecreation.org/Events/Earth-Day-5K-Fun-Run.
- Sunday, July 12, 2020 – Run Michigan Cheap – 5k, 10k and half-marathon running events. For more information visit: RunMichiganCheap.com
- Sunday, August 30, 2020- Motor City Brew Tour Cruisin’ For the Trails. CANCELLED – Enjoy a bike ride on the Paint Creek Trail. Beer, pizza, donuts and SWAG included in the tickets. The ride benefits the Friends of the Paint Creek Trail. Please note that a limited number of tickets will be available for this event. For more info go to motorcitybrewtours.com.
- Sunday, September 13, 2020 – Michigan Nature Association Rattlesnake Family Fun Run & 5k – VIRTUAL -The Michigan Nature Association is hosting the Race for Michigan Nature, a statewide series of Family Fun Runs & 5Ks stretching from Belle Isle in Detroit to Marquette in the U.P. Each race spotlights one of Michigan’s rarest species and helps promote the importance of protecting Michigan’s remaining natural areas. The runs are endorsed by the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports and each qualifies for the Pure Michigan Challenge. Contact Lauren for questions at (866) 223-2231 or [email protected]
- If you are interested in holding a group event on the Trail, please download our revised Temporary Use Permit Guidelines and Application