Interested in holding a group event or fundraiser on the trail this year? You will need to fill out our Temporary Permit Application, and return it to the trail office.
A Temporary Use Permit is required for any organized activities utilizing the Paint Creek Trail including, but not limited to:
- Fun Runs
- Cycling competitions
- Running competitions
- Organized training
- Commercial Use of Trail
- Ongoing recreation classes or programs utilizing the Paint Creek Trail
- Any event that advertises use of the Paint Creek Trail
- Any event that requires vehicle access on the Paint Creek Trail
- Any event where participation is controlled by donations or fees
- Any activity that is beyond the scope of normal trail use
You can download the application and instructions here: Temporary Use Permit Guidelines and Application
If your event includes utilizing any part of the Rochester Municipal Park ,including the Kiwanis Pavilion, you must fill out the City of Rochester’s Special Event Application.
Approved Events in 2017:
- Saturday, May 6, 2017 – Motor City Brew Tours – Cruisin’ for the Trails Charity Bike Ride, benefiting Friends of the Paint Creek Trail.
- Saturday,September 23, 2017 – Michigan Nature Association Rattlesnake Run 5k Run/Walk. Michigan Nature Association started six decades ago as a small bird study group and became a statewide land conservation organization. MNA members, donors and volunteers have built a remarkable statewide network of more than 170 nature sanctuaries across Michigan. MNA is dedicated to permanently protecting land that provides critical habitat for rare, threatened and endangered species and natural communities. Call (866) 223-2231 for more information.
If you are interested in holding a group event on the Trail, please download our revised Temporary Use Permit Guidelines and Application