National Trails Day is Saturday, June 1, 2019. According to the American Hiking Society, “National Trails Day is the only nationally coordinated event designed to unite all muscle-powered trail activities with the goal of connecting more people to trails. Every trail beckons adventure and has a story to share with any person willing to discover it, and American Hiking Society believes these trail experiences can improve the lives of every American. A sampling of NTD events held nationally: hiking, biking, running, trail maintenance, birding, wildlife photography, paddle trips, trail dedications, health-focused programs and children’s activities”
This year, we will again be celebrating in our northern section of trail from 1:00 – 4:00 pm in the municipal parking lot adjacent Children’s Park in Lake Orion. We will be coordinating our National Trails Day activities with the Clergy, Cops & Kids event also being held in downtown Lake Orion that day!
We hope you will join us for the following fun activities and giveaways!
- Bike safety demonstration by the Lake Orion Police Department
- A nondenominational Blessing of the Bikes by Rev. John Ball, Lake Orion United Methodist Church
- Family friendly bike ride on the trail from Children’s Park in Lake Orion to Clarkston/Kern intersection
- A visit from the Orion Township Public Library Bookbike!
- Kids coloring activity
- Free Paint Creek Trail swag and a prize wheel giveaway of Paint Creek Trail merchandise
- A Grand Prize drawing!
Check back soon for more updates! We hope to see you there!