National Trails Day is Saturday, June 2, 2018. According to the American Hiking Society, “National Trails Day is the only nationally coordinated event designed to unite all muscle-powered trail activities with the goal of connecting more people to trails. Every trail beckons adventure and has a story to share with any person willing to discover it, and American Hiking Society believes these trail experiences can improve the lives of every American. A sampling of NTD events held nationally: hiking, biking, running, trail maintenance, birding, wildlife photography, paddle trips, trail dedications, health-focused programs and children’s activities”
This year, due to the bridge construction in Oakland Township, we will be celebrating in our northern section of trail and at Children’s Park in Lake Orion.
Join us for the following free events!
- Family friendly walk on the trail from Children’s Park in Lake Orion to Clarkston/Kern Roads!
- Free family friendly craft provided by Dinosaur Hill Nature Preserve—Make your Own Hiking Stick!
- Recognition ceremony honoring trail volunteers and supporters!
- Ribbon Cutting to officially open the new Lake Orion Trail Extension, that connects Atwater Street with Children’s Park!
- Freebies – giveaways, and we’re working on providing either free lunch or a free dessert!
Check back soon for more updates! We hope to see you there!